Every one build their website for promote their product and ultimately gaining the profits but most of us confusing to select a good website design so they are not ranking well in the search engines and also don’t get the right kind of traffic from your target market. So whenever you are going to build a website you have to avoid some general mistakes. Now I am going to share some common mistakes in web site design.
- Your website isn’t just well-matched with a lot of Website browsers. One of the primary reasons why your website design doesn’t click at all is because it won’t show up with majority of the Internet browsers. Keep this in mind that there are so many types that can be utilized by Internet users. Classic examples include Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Crazy Browser. Thus, it only means that if you want to ensure that you can reach out to as many possible customers as possible, your website should show up in all of them. Before you upload your website, do some testing first so you can already correct possible problems.
- Always use the internet user friendly fonts because besides the overall layout of your web pages, you also have to get into consideration the font that you are going to use. The usual error in website design is using extremely small fonts, which makes content very problematic for Internet users to read. Sometimes they are frozen, which means you cannot adjust their sizes. You should make certain that your font is readable by complementing them with the background. According to studies, the best combination is using yellow texts over dark background.
- You are simply using too much Flash. There seems to be a wrong notion when it comes to websites. A lot of website designers these days believe that one of the best ways to the heart of their target market is to fit in a lot of Flash and other animated images into their site. Though they never fail to imprison the initial fancy of anyone, these techniques have their own drawbacks. First, they can slow down the download time of your web page, which, unluckily, can make Internet users irritated. Second and important thing is search engine spiders read texts, not images. Hence, it becomes harder for you to get indexed when you use a lot of Flash.
- Web pages are not search-engine friendly. If you’re not taking care of your caption tags, not adding Meta tags in each of your web pages, or if you’ve been filling a lot of keywords in your websites, then you will certainly not gain the favor of search engines.
- Your content should match with the theme of the website. Surprisingly, there are many website designers who are creation website content their next priority. They are very hard to scan, they are too long with no proper white spaces, and that they seem to be required to fit in just one page. The bottom line is Internet users are finding it truly tricky to get the information that they truly need.