Fungi is the main cause of all the types of yeast infections. The fungi which is infecting the body is called as the Candida albicans. Because of this fungi different infections in mouth, skin, nail beds, intestinal tract and vagina will be affected.
Several types of yeast infections which are commonly found in men, women and children are as follows:
- Mouth gets infected with this type of yeast. This is called as oral thrush and due to this white sores are formed in the mouth on different parts like tongue, gums, inner cheeks, tonsils etc.
- Skin also gets affected with this yeast. This is termed as the Intertrigo. This occurs at warm and moist areas like under the skin folds. Inflammation will occur because of the heat and moisture.
- If the oral thrush becomes more then it will lead to Oesophagal thrush this is also one type of thrush.
- Balanitis is the male yeast infection and the female yeast infection is the vaginal candidiasis.
- Even the use of unfitted dentures and the habits of thumb licking and lip licking will result in yeast infection. Here the corner of the mouth gets affected.
- In the infants the diaper rashes will also result in the yeast infections.
- Yeast Infection also occurs on finger webs. This is termed as Erosio interdigitalis blastomycetica. This is occurs on oral mucosa, skin and on the nails.
These are some of the types of yeast infections which affect the body in several places. Apart from the gender and the age, these fungi may attack the body. So, the person should be always clean without moisture in order to avoid the yeast infections.