One can easily take care of hardwood floor, it is not a difficult task. There can be a damage of hardwood in the long run, it may cause some problems. Damages may occur because of many reasons. There are few preventive measures to avoid the common damages of hardwood, such as:
- The main cause for damage of hardwood floor is dust, grit and sand. Scratches or dents can be caused by them, they act like a sand paper on the finishing of hardwood floor. So, they can be avoided. You can keep the mats on the wood floor to prevent the damage from dirt, grit and sand.
- Hardwood floor can be spoiled by standing water. If plants are placed on the floor or placing them in pot or bowls on the floor can be prevented. Because water may drain through the pot, so it will affect the hardwood floor.
- Hard cleaners can be avoided. Oil soaps can be avoided. Problems can be created by them when they are used on the floor. One can use special neutral pH cleaners which are made for hardwood floor, instead of using hard cleaners.
- Dragging furniture: If you want to move it then lift it, but one should not drag on the floor, it causes damage to hardwood floor.
There are few tips to care about hardwood floor:
- You can use vacuum cleaner to clean the hardwood floor. Vacuums with beater bars are not used to clean it.
- Your hardwood color can become dull by exposure to direct sunlight. So, you can close the curtains and blinds and place mats to avoid UV rays from direct sun on floor.
- If there are any stains then, they are to be cleaned immediately. Cleaning the hardwood regularly and frequently is important.
The above information is about preventative measures and tips to avoid the damage of hardwood floor and to make it long lasting.