A large proportion of individuals are facing with employment discrimination at workplaces due to several reasons. Employment discrimination can be based on race, nationality, age, disability, gender, and many other reasons. It is very difficult to identify employment discrimination. Disability discrimination is the process of making decisions on hiring, promoting, training, and terminating an employee due to a physical or mental disability. Let us know how to find disability discrimination faced at the workplace.
- Identify the negative or adverse actions of the employer on you, regarding the issues like hiring, treatment at work, disciplinary actions, reduction in pay or benefits and so on.
- Make sure whether the employer knows about your disability at that time of discrimination.
- Ensure yourself if you are able to perform the essential job duties with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Confirm yourself that the adverse actions taken by the employer are because of your mental or physical disability.
- You should make sure whether the negative or adverse action of the employer against you caused any harm.
- Make a record of how often you hear certain offense remarks and comments at workplace about your disability.
Once you are sure about these things, you can confirm the disability discrimination. You can file a case against the responsible individual or the employer as per the ADA regulations.