The word Yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word “Yuj” which refers to connect, join, or unite. This signifies joining or combining all aspects of an individual i.e., body with mind and mind with soul in order to lead a happy, balanced and valuable life.
Benefits of yoga:
There are many benefits of yoga for men and women. Some of them are:
- Reduces stress and improves power of relaxation
- Increases physical strength, stamina and flexibility
- Imparts impulse Control
- Helps in rehabilitation (to restore to good health condition) of old and new injuries
- Boosts tolerance to pain and intensifying mental clarity
- Purifies and enhances overall organ functioning
- Favors to have peace of mind and a more positive outlook to life
- Increases performance of the immune system
- Enhances blood circulation
- Offers extensive power of concentration and self control
- Strengthens posture and muscle tone
- Inculcates a sense of balance and internal harmony
Benefits yoga for kids:
Yoga is the right kind of exercise for children as it is gentle, non-competitive and works on entire body and mind. Children of all ages and physical abilities can participate.
- It increases their concentration, focus and attention.
- It improves their creativity and imagination.
- It gives them a sense of a relaxed state of body and mind.
- It boosts their self-esteem and confidence.
- It results in strong, flexible and healthy bodies.
Benefits of yoga for pregnant woman:
Prenatal Yoga helps in viewing the struggle of childbirth with a positive frame of mind. This generates a more natural attitude towards pregnancy and childbirth.
- Reducing anxiety, stress, and tension.
- Reducing backache.
- Improving circulation.
- Increasing energy levels.
- Strengthening of abdominal muscles.
- Increasing chances of possessing a healthy baby.
- Accelerating post-pregnancy recovery time.
- Improving sleep.
Benefits of yoga for sports person:
Yoga is beneficial for sports person as postures consistently operates all the major muscle groups of the back, neck and shoulders, deep abdominal, hip and buttocks muscles and also ankles, feet, wrists and hands. Yoga postures will influence major and minor muscle groups and organs and at the same time import strength, improve flexibility and provide nutrition to internal organs.
Yoga can enhance the ability of person in any sport. Yoga helps in examining any imbalance in muscular development and will make both body and mind to work more efficiently. If sports person body is flexible and supple, then there are fewer chances for injuries, as joints will be kept smooth.
Benefits of yoga for old people:
- Yoga is a mild form of exercise, which will not produce strain in the joints and muscles. This is very essential for old people.
- Yoga helps to rejuvenate and develop flexibility in the body.
- Yoga breathing techniques helps old people to breathe correctly and deeply, which make the capacity of lungs to be utilized perfectly. Which in turn guarantees that all cells in the body obtain sufficient oxygen, and also slows down the process of aging.
- Yoga helps increasing the blood flow to several organs and tissues of the body. This helps in reducing the effect of aging.
- The meditation techniques, which are so fundamental to yoga, improves concentration and makes memory sharp. They also help in reducing loss of mental sensitivity due to old age.
- Yoga postures help to regulate blood pressure.
- Yoga helps in enhancing a uniform development of physical, mental and spiritual conditions of a person. A person under supervision of yoga teacher or instructor must initially practice yoga compulsorily in order to know precautions and postures that suit you.