In olden days curtains were used to block the sunlight entering the home and also to provide privacy from the neighbors. But today they are used as decorative items and you need to buy the curtains which suits your needs. Curtains are available in a wide range of varieties in the market and you can make them more attractive by sewing on your own. Following are the several benefits you can get if you are able to sew your own curtains:
- You can stitch the the patten which suits your room by selecting the right color fabric if you can’t find the pattern you wanted in the market.
- By sewing your own curtain, you have plenty of choices that you might not find in the market with regard to the type of material.
- If you are shopping for shelf drapes you need extra style, there are many different styles that involve the type of rod you will need, the type of pleats, the cut, and every other element that contributes to the overall style.
- If you sew your own curtains and drapes, you definitely save money because raw materials are cheaper than the ready made products and you can save labor costs.
- If you sew your own curtains you don’t have to worry about the size of the window because you can sew according to the size of the window.
With all the above benefits in sewing curtain, one should actually learn this art.