Vitamins are essential nutrients that are required for every one’s life, health, and wellness. These are taken in very smaller amounts. Most vitamins function as co enzymes or co factors. Their excessive intake is causes damage to your health. Each and every vitamin is has its own functionality and works according to that. There are 13 essential vitamins required for the body and there are two major classes of vitamins are there:
1. Water-soluble vitamins: Water soluble vitamins are usually secreted through urine. These are easily absorbed by the body and these should be taken daily otherwise there is a chance of getting disorders. Vitamin C and vitamin B come under this and these are not storage by the human body for a long time.
2. Fat-soluble vitamins: Fat-soluble vitamins include vitamins A, D, E and K, since they are soluble in fats, they get absorbed with of bile acids. Once these vitamins are absorbed, the body stores them in body fat. When you need them, your body takes them out of storage to be used. Eating fats or oils that are not digested can cause shortages of fat-soluble vitamins.
The below are the list of all the vitamins which are available and is mixed from both the types.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B and its types.
- Vitamin B1- Thiamine.
- Vitamin B2- Riboflavin.
- Vitamin B3- Niacin, niacin-amide.
- Vitamin B5- Pantothenic acid.
- Vitamin B6- Pyridoxine, Pyridoxamine, Pyridoxal.
- Vitamin B7- Vitamin H-Biotin.
- Vitamin B9- Folic acid, folinic acid.
- Vitamin B12 – Cyanocobalomin, Hydroxycobalamin, Methylcobalamin.
- Vitamin B13 – Orotic acid.
- Vitamin B15 – Pangamic acid.
- Vitamin B17 – Amygdalin.
- Vitamin- BT- Carnitine.
- Vitamin BH – Inositol.
- Vitamin C- Ascorbic acid.
- Vitamin D- Cholecalciferol.
- Vitamin E- Tocopherols, tocotrienols.
- Vitamin K – menaquinones.
- Vitamin K2- menaquinone.
- Vitamin K3- Menadione.
- Vitamin L- Anthranilic Acid.
- Vitamin P- Bioflavonoids.
- Vitamin P1- Rutin.
- Vitamin P2- Hesperidin.
- Vitamin N- Alpha-lipoic Acid, Thioctic acid.
- Vitamin Q- Coenzyme Q10, Ubiquinone.
The above are the vitamins needed for the human body and the essential vitamins are A, C, D, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B7, B9, B12.