Tires are a neglected part of your car. These are the only things to separate your car from the road. Maintenance of tires is one of the important things to follow with your car. Proper maintenance of tires will give you a good mileage, riding and safety from skidding. Now we will discuss important maintenance tires for your car.
- Air Pressure: Inflating the the tires is important as a maintenance tip for your car. If you do not maintain the proper pressure in the tires, they will fail at high speeds and the mileage will decrease. To know the suitable pressure level to your tires check car owner’s manual. Sometimes, it will be on the glove compartment door or inside the fuel hatch or in the vehicle’s doorjamb.
- Check tire pressure at leas once in two weeks.
- If you are going to a long trip check before starting.
- If it is cold, check at least three hours after vehicle stopped.
- Keep a spare tire and check it when going for long trip.
- While you are buying new tires replace the valves
- Tread: The tread wear indicator bars for tires are 2/32”. If it is less than the tread wear indicator bars, you should have to replace your tire. In wet or snowy conditions, the tread depth is crucial for traction and safe driving. Lower tread of your car tire will put it at more risk of a crash. Suspension repairs, wheel alignments and the good inflation to the tires will give more durable treads.
- Rotation: Rotation of tires of your car involves changing the tires’ location from one position to another. Regular rotation of your tires leads to their longer life. It will save your money and time in the long run. The owner’s manual contains information regarding when rotation is needed for your tires. If this is not there, rotate every 6000 to 8000 miles. If the tires are shown uneven wear, check with the tire dealer to correct imbalance or misalignment or other mechanical problems in the rotation.
- Vibration: While you are driving there is any vibration, it indicates a problem you need attention on it. When it is vibrating check suspension system and steering system immediately to know the cause of the vibration. When the vibration is not corrected will effect on suspension wear and could be dangerous.
- Balancing: Balancing means after tier are mounted, the tire and the wheel will corrected. When one is lighter or heavier than the other wheel, it is out of balance. It will cause vibration and irregular tread wear. It will increase the pressure on the front end parts.
Proper maintenance of tire gives the smooth drive, less pressure on engine as well safety in slippery and icy areas.