It is very interesting to try and taste different varieties of cuisines. Do you want to try a recipe of the United States? Chimichanga is the popular Southwestern U.S. cuisine. It is a deep-fried burrito prepared by filling a flour tortilla with a wide range of ingredients. It can be filled with beans, cheese, rice, shredded chicken and many others. Below is the preparation of chicken Chimichangas.
List of ingredients required
- 2/3 cup of picante sauce or 2/3 cup of salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried and crushed oregano leaves
- 2 green onions chopped with some tops
- 6 or 8 inch flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of melted margarine
- shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onion, and picante sauce for serving
Chicken, picante sauce or salsa, oregano, cumin, cheese and onions are mixed first. Take the tortilla and place about 1/4 cup of the above chicken mixture in its center. Now fold the opposite sides over the filling. Roll up the tortilla from the bottom and keep the semi-side down on a baking sheet. It should be folded in the form of rectangles and secured with wooden picks. Then it is brushed with melted margarine and baked in oven at 400°F for 25 minutes or until golden. Now additional cheese, green onion, and picante sauce or salsa can be added to the dish for garnishing before serving.