Among many options for providing childcare, babysitting is one that is opted by many parents. It is very difficult for some babysitters to handle the behavior of the kids sometimes. It is a worrisome issue for the parents especially when their kids are not comfortable with the babysitter. Therefore, it is better to find the skills of the babysitter in making children comfortable and happy. Also ensure that your children are safe when left with the babysitter. It is known that adult caregivers are more efficient in childcare or babysitting. However, ask them some of the below mentioned questions in an interview to assess their skills.
- Why do you like babysitting?
- What is your experience in childcare? How many kids have you taken care till now?
- Do you have any certifications in first aid or CPR?
- What is your age? Are you married?
- Do you have any children? What are their ages?
- Are you comfortable to work for some extra hours when needed in case of urgent situations?
- What are the age groups of children whom you took care previously?
- What are various activities that you implement to make children involved when babysitting?
- Do you have any payment expectations for your job?
- What is discipline meant for you?
- What actions do you take to keep kids under discipline?
- Tell your personal and career goals. How long do you wish to provide the childcare?
- Do you take children for an outing?
- What are your educational qualifications?
Apart from these you should also ask the mailing or contact address, social security number, driving license, date of birth and so on. These things are helpful for you to conduct the necessary background checks to ensure the safety of your children.