One of the greatest plans of enjoying the outdoors is day hiking. It can be completed in a single day and does not include an overnight stay. It not only gives an exciting experience but also offers you certain health benefits. It provides a sort of physical, mental and emotional well-being. Your day hiking plan can be made successful with certain simple tips. Have a look on them.
- Try to start early for hiking so that you can reach the target area as early as possible. One benefit of starting at or before dawn to hiking is cooler weather. As there will be less heat at that time, you face less sweating. Hence, you need less water and can have a lighter load. However, if you wish to go for hiking at night, be sure to carry a flashlight.
- Consider the risks involved in the trip and then plan accordingly. It is better to carry less and go further. It is suggested to have a minimalist approach for food, clothing and other items.
- Many people use a good pair of boots that provide ankle support to protect from spraining. However, they many be heavy and stiff. So, it is better to prefer light, flexible and comfortable shoes.
- Choose a pair of right socks and avoid those with coarse threads as they dig into your skin causing blisters and discomfort. Take an extra pair of socks to replace during the journey.
- Bring necessary items like food and water.
- Better to use clothing with high tech fibers which are warm and also incredibly light. Also get some extra clothing.
- Include items like hats, sunscreen, flashlights, rain gear, sunglasses, napkins or toilet papers, pocket knife and so on in the checklist.
- Certain items of basic first aid kit including roll bandages, antiseptic wipes, adhesive tapes, scissors, cotton swabs, tissues, sterile compresses, feminine products, burn ointments along with first aid manual should also be packed.
With these tips, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable hiking. So, plan your trip for your next vacation.